- • 1 small yellow onion, quartered
- • 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- • 1/3 cup fresh parsley, large stems removed
- • 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, large stems removed
- • 4 green onions, roughly chopped
- • 1 teaspoon paprika
- • 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- • 1 (15.5-ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed, drained and patted dry
- • 1/4 cup all-purpose flour, plus more for assembly
- • 1 teaspoon baking powder
- • Olive oil cooking spray
- • Creamy hummus
- • Sliced red onion
- • Sliced cucumber
- • Halved cherry tomatoes
- • Grilled pita
- Add onion, garlic, parsley, cilantro, green onions, cumin, paprika and salt to bowl of food processor. Process until well blended, about 1 minute. Add chickpeas and pulse 3-4 times until just combined. Add flour and baking powder and pulse 3-4 times until combined. Transfer to a bowl, cover and refrigerate 1 hour or up to 12 hours.
- Coat hands with flour and roll chilled chickpea mixture into 12 balls. Coat top of Air Fry Kit with nonstick cooking spray and arrange falafel in a single layer. Spritz top of falafel with water. Place Air Fry Kit into machine. Press “Air Fry” button and rotate knob to navigate to 425° and press knob to set temperature. Rotate knob to navigate to 16 minutes and press to start, cooking falafel until golden-brown and cooked through.
- Spread layer of hummus on serving plate and top with crisp falafel. Serve with red onion, cucumber, tomatoes and grilled pita bread.